A Taste of Theater Submit Your Play
A Taste of Theater strives to be the voice of A Taste of Theater diverse theatre community. We publish shows of any length and genre, suitable for any type of organization or theater. Plays submitted to A Taste of Theater should have been developed in A Taste of Theater or written by a playwright.
Submissions ending on
Festivel date is
October 6-7 2017
October 6-7 2017
- We are only taking electronic submissions at this time. If you would strongly prefer a physical submission, please contact us.
- You must own all materials within your script.
- Your play should have a clear, consistent format that is easily readable.
- Please indicate if your play contains strong language, violence or nudity. We will need to announce this prior to your performance to maintain our focus of "family friendly" entertainment.
- Once the committee has reviewed the play we will notify playwrights if their work has been accepted or not via electronic mail.
- If the play is accepted the playwright will receive a welcome letter from A Taste Of Theater.
- The Playwright will have 10 days or 2 weeks to submit the fee of $199.00.
- Once the playwright submits the fee to showcase a contract will be sent out to be signed and returned.
- The playwright will need to attend a tech rehearsal on Thursday evening to go over light, sound cues for his or her production.
- The playwright will need to advise the prop team of the setup for the play.
- Playwright will need to arrive early on day of presentation.
The benefits for the submission
- 25 minutes to showcase their play.
- Provide behind the play-writing experience to the audience. Each playwright explains why you wrote the play.
- A Table to sell tickets to their performance if needed.
- Free access to the workshop with Professional.
- Full access to both nights of the performances.
- 1 year free access to A Taste of Theater software.
- A nationally televised TV episode of A Taste of Theater TV.
- Networking opportunities with playwrights from other areas.
- Free props to use at the venue.
- Marketing data for emailing theater watchers. Every person who attends the presentation of the plays votes with their email address. The playwright will walk away with this info to contact them.
- Listing of your play on the website and promotional materials.
- Free Access to our Acting With The Stars Competition
- Discounted tickets for your cast to attend the Acting With The Stars Competition and Acting Workshop.
- Branding as a playwright.
- Cast receives free access to the event the night the night of the performance.
Submit Your Play